Governor DeSantis has announced that Broward and Miami-Dade County are entering Phase 1 of the Safe. Smart. Step-by-Step Plan starting Monday, May 18th, 2020.
Here’s how South Florida will be moving to a ‘new normal’:
- Limited re-opening of non-essential businesses such as restaurants, warehouses, manufacturing, office buildings, and a specific list of small businesses.
- They will reconsider opening beaches on May 26th.
- Outdoor dining at restaurants is permitted if tables are 6- feet apart.
- Indoor dining is also permitted at 25% capacity.
- Retail can operate at 25% indoor capacity.
Here’s what hasn’t changed:
- Spas, bars, gyms, beaches, movie theaters, bowling allies, pools, tattoo shops or massage parlors remain closed.
- Those vulnerable to COVID-19 are advised to remain at home.
- All individuals in public are advised to practice social distancing, and use face masks for all face-to-face interactions in which you can’t social distance and while indoors.
- Wash your hands frequently
- Avoid groups of more than 10 people if you cannot practice social distancing.
Read more details on the ‘new normal’ on Miami-Dade’s official website to find out what’s open, how to stay safe, and the detailed draft of the plan.
Restaurants are slowly starting to open back up, and until they do, continue to support them by ordering takeout/ delivery! Find out what’s cooking in Broward!